Lakshadweep, located off the coast of Kerala in India, is a group of 36 tiny islands (and a few even tinier islets) in the Arabian Sea. It’s the country’s smallest union territory by both land area and population. The name Lakshadweep means “hundred thousand islands” in Sanskrit and Malayalam, and it’s believed that there are actually 101 islands in the archipelago. In this blog, let’s talk about how to travel to lakshadweep.
The best way to travel to Lakshadweep is by air from Kochi, which is the closest airport. Another option is to take a ship from Kochi, which takes about 24-30 hours. Once you reach Lakshadweep, you can take a ferry to the island of your choice.
There are a number of tourist attractions in Lakshadweep, such as the beautiful beaches, the coral reefs, the lagoons, and the shipwrecks. Lakshadweep is also a great place for adventure activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, and windsurfing.
Lakshadweep is a beautiful but little-known destination that’s perfect for those who are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday. The islands are known for their pristine beaches, clear blue waters, and laid-back atmosphere. There’s not much to do on the islands besides relaxing, swimming, and enjoying the stunning views, but that’s exactly what many visitors are looking for.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re planning a visit to Lakshadweep:
- Lakshadweep is a Muslim-majority union territory, so be respectful of local customs and traditions. This includes dress code – women should avoid wearing revealing clothing, and men should not go shirtless in public.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the islands.
- Weather conditions in Lakshadweep can be very changeable and can be very hot or very cold. Be sure to pack a variety of clothes and shoes.
- Many of Lakshadweep’s beaches are stunning, but be aware that they can be crowded during peak season.
- The local currency is the Indian rupee (INR). You will need to bring adequate funds with you.
- Many restaurants in Lakshadweep serve Indian food. If you are looking for something different, be sure to check out some of the island’s local eateries.
- Lakshadweep is known for its turquoise color waters and crystal clear waters. If you’re looking to soak up some of the island’s natural beauty, be sure to bring your swimsuit.